Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Songs Featured In And Inspired By Burning Ambition!

I did this last year and the reaction was PHENOMENAL....................................................indifference. Which is why I'm doing it again. BURNING AMBITION abounds with musical references. Over the next several days, we'll investigate some of them. Starting with this song. That doesn't appear in the book in any way shape or form. But I couldn't think of a song called Burning Ambition. I could, however, think of one simply called Ambition and, fittingly for my tween audience, it's from an obscure British indie-rock band from the 70s. Even better, it doesn't have an accompanying video, just a record cover for you to stare at for three minutes. Which will be very restful. The group: Subway Sect. The song: Ambition. Enjoy!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

booyah! found one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO2vwkQyKcU

paix.

-kt

jonathan Bernstein said...

Okay, but I'm still going to pretend I couldn't think of one.